Dear Hillside Families,
Welcome! For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Yvette Kaplan, I grew up in T/E. I have two daughters Audrey Kaplan (3) and Daphne Kaplan (1). In additional to the PTO you will probably find me at TEYSA, UMLY or Girl Scout events in the Area. This is my second year as president and I look forward to seeing you at our upcoming curriculum nights and PTO Water Ice social! Please browse our updated website for the latest in events, volunteering, clubs and newsletter.
Playground! Principal Staves and I have been working with the district and I happy to report that Hillside will be getting a new playground in the summer of 2023. In the meantime, Principal Staves was able to get a new train set for the upper playground. This is a great addition and I look forward to seeing the major and much needed improvements next school year.
Volunteers! We welcome any and all volunteers for everything. For those of you who are not familiar with the PTO, we are a non-profit organization that helps provide support to Hillside Elementary. We have several open roles large and small. Please see our website for a full list. Our volunteers are the key to us creating a great community and having fun social events. Here is a quick over view of some of the many things we provide for Hillside:
- All cultural arts programming is schedule and paid by the PTO
- Afterschool Clubs
- Classroom supplies the PTO helps cover the cost for new supplies each year
- Classroom parties and Homeroom parents
- Homework Folders
- Spirit wear
- 4th grade graduation party help pay for and coordinate
- Teacher appreciation breakfast and luncheon
- School social events which have included events like Spring Fair, Pizza Bingo, Ice Skating party
- Sunshine fund and Hillside Buddy program to help build a sense of community and caring
- Extra clothes and supplies for the school nurse
- Beautification and improves inside and outside the school building
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesist to reach out firstname.lastname@example.org. I am always happy to help answer questions, grab a coffee or go for a walk. My goal is to create a great school community for our families.