Please help us show appreciation for our dedicated and hard-working teachers and staff members! Hillside Elementary School is lucky to have so many wonderful teachers and staff to help our students learn and grow. We think they deserve recognition for their tireless support!
Instead of worrying about individually gifting teachers and staff, the PTO is organizing an End of the Year Collection to purchase gift cards for teachers and staff. We are asking that parents join with other Hillside families and contribute towards these gift cards. We will take all funds received and purchase gift certificates/gift cards and distribute to the teachers and staff members.
Participation in the gift collection is optional; the amount is at your discretion and individual contributors are anonymous. Please note, because the money will go toward gift cards, any amount contributed here is NOT considered a charitable donation.
Gifts will be collected for three groups until June 4, 2023.
- Core Teachers: This group includes our Core Teachers. Amount will be divided equally among all 25 Core Teachers. Suggested amount is $30 per student.
- Special Area Teachers: This group includes Mrs. Braun, Mr. Haines, Mr. Fisher, and Ms. Lucy, as well as the Special Education Teachers, Special Support Teachers and Nurses. Amount will be divided equally among all of our 35 Specials Teachers. The suggested amount is $20 per student.
- Non-Teacher Staff: This group includes our non-teacher faculty and staff, including Mrs. Szekeres, Mrs. Carr, as well as our cafeteria staff, custodians, and other support staff. Amount will be divided equally among all of our 30 Faculty/Staff. Suggested amount is $15 per student.
How to Give:
- To donate by credit card through our online form: CLICK HERE
- To donate by Venmo, use the QR code here, or send your donation to our PTO Venmo address [@HillsideElemPTO]. Please note in the “What’s it for?” section of Venmo how much should be allocated to core teachers, specials/support teachers and staff groups. If this information is not provided, the funds will be distributed between the groups as needed.
- To donate by cash or check, please send with your child to school or drop off at the front desk. Please make checks payable to Hillside PTO.
- If you prefer to give directly, you may mail your gift or drop off at the front desk.
Donations will be collected through June 4, 2023.
Once gifts are purchased for all teachers and staff, a small balance may remain; these amounts will be rolled into next year’s collection efforts. This is not considered a charitable donation for tax purposes.
Thank you for supporting the people who make Hillside so special and recognize them for a wonderful 2022-2023 school year!