While we are all hunkered down at home, Hillside’s Teacher/Staff Appreciation week will look different this year. Even though we won’t be able to “surprise” our teachers with flowers, host a fabulous lunch or provide a gift card raffle with donations from our HES parents likes we usually do, we ARE going to do our best to shower our teachers and staff with appreciation from afar!
As always, your participation in appreciation week is completely voluntary. Below are some suggestions to show your appreciation if you choose to do so:
- Write a note to your teacher with a favorite memory or why you love being in their class
- Draw or make something for your teacher and send a picture of it to them
- Send a nice email or video to your teacher to fill their bucket
You may also post a video to flipgrid video using this link. Instructions for flipgrid are as follows:
- Record a 15 second or less video on your phone (you may need to download the free app from the App Store)
- Clink link and follow the prompts to upload the video
- A flipgrid video upgrade tutorial is here
Hopefully we can throw an amazing back to school hurrah for all of our amazing HES teachers and staff to recognize the AMAZING amount of work they do to make our children’s learning lives what they are at Hillside. In the meantime, thank you for making your teacher feel special during this appreciation week!